Good question! Ask A Librarian is a service available to MCCCD students, faculty & staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We can help with many things related to class projects and research.
We can help with creating & finding citations using MLA and APA, creating a manageable research topic, creating a search strategy for your research and helping find research for your projects using a variety of sources including library databases and the web.
In summary, we help with
- Choosing a database for your topic or research
- Brainstorming for keywords on your topic
- Beginning and advanced database searching
- How to evaluate and choose the most reliable sources
- Searching the web for quality sources
- Just about anything related to library research!