As a student, faculty/staff member, or community borrower, you are able to borrow items from the other MCCCD Libraries (Intra-District Loan). Students and faculty/staff members are able to request items from libraries outside the District (Interlibrary Loan).
IDLs (Intra-District Loans)
- IDL loans involve obtaining library materials from other MCCCD libraries. To request an item, use the “Place Hold” link in the library catalog and enter your MEID, password, and your preferred pickup location.
- It typically 3-5 business days for an item to be sent from one library to another one.
- In general, items will be held for 10 days.
- Rio will send most videos to other MCCCD Libraries.
- Alumni Borrowers may request IDLs.
- Community Borrowers may request IDLs.
ILLs (Interlibrary Loans)
- ILL is usually free. Costs may incur if the lending library attaches fees to the process. You are always informed of costs prior to the completion of the process.
- The ILL process typically takes around a week for articles and 3 weeks or more for books.
- You will be notified by telephone or email when items have arrived.
- To ILL books from outside the district, call the Rio Salado Library at 480-517-8424 or complete the online ILL form. New users start with the “First Time Users” link to create an account.
- Alumni Borrowers may not request ILLs.
- Community Borrowers may not request ILLs.